Saturday, January 19, 2008

Week in review

It's suprising my week went pretty fast. I am getting used to the new job, although my hand is still pretty sore from working on drain motors. I know, most of you are like, huh?? Don't worry about it, if you don't know what a drain motor is, I'm not going into detail, too boring. I would probably fall asleep at the keyboard if I tried. At the beginning of the week I went to Wally-world and invested in a slew of medical supplies like finger bandages, wraps, and a new product that is suppose to help protect against blisters. I went through a whole box of bandages since then. I might as well buy stock in Band-aid. Here's a picture of what one looks like. Except it's upside down from the way I work on it.

Although this time around I don't have any blisters like I did the first week I worked there, I have some pretty bad joint pain from pressing wiring into different things. Plus my hand is swollen. I have bee taking Ibuprofen for the inflamation plus holding an ice pack about every day for a while. It's improving, but not as well or as fast as I would like. Soooooo, made another trip back to Walmart last night and got Epsom salt, Aspercreme and a nifty little thing called a flex ball. I figured if I could strenghthen my hands up, I wouldn't be in so much pain. Who knows, maybe it'll work, maybe it won't make much of a difference. I don't care, I'm willing to try it if it might. So, wish me luck on the next week, hopefully I will get used to it soon.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hope your fingers are beginning to feel better! Just to let you know, C2C is doing a special about Jim Morrison on Thursday night, if that's any interest to you. I'll have to look around the net, but there used to be a site that would archive the shows and you could play them back later. Have fun and hope work is going good for you!