Thursday, January 10, 2008

New Job

Well, let's see... I started a new job back in November, worked a week, was laid off for a month. I was called to start back this past Sunday night. It sucks. Not the job, but the fact that you are relieved you found a job, then WHAM! you don't, for a month. Oh, well. I guess you have to take the good with the bad.

I have been trying to write a novel for the last few years. Actually, I've started three different novels and haven't finished any of them. It's something I am going to try to get going on this year I think. It's hard to squeeze in time now with working 3rd shift and having 2 kids to take care of. In the past I would get motivated, work on it a little, then lose interest or get busy with other things. I need to quit making excuses not to, and just do it as the old Nike saying goes. I would love to write full time and be a best selling author. Yeah, I know. I'm probably dreaming a little too big. Who knows, maybe if I can get motivated to write a little each day it will get easier to sit down in front of the computer.

On another note, I have a few authors blogs that I follow. It's a good way to keep up the motivation sometimes. If you like paranormal fiction a few great writers to check out is Jennifer Armintrout, Laurell K. Hamilton and Kim Harrison.
Here are the links:
http://jenniferarmintrout.blogspot.com
http://blog.laurellkhamilton.org
http://www.kimharrison.net

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So you got recalled back to the local "diswasher manufacturer"? I did the temp agency thing with them, when the temp company they use now first opened up. Got the lay off notice after nine months and never went back. I'm currently working at the local "tire manufacturer" as a salaried production scheduler. It's one of those love/hate type of jobs. I love my job, but the new hours they switched to I could do without.

One of my secret desires is to be an author, as well. Took it alot more seriously as a child, but once I started hanging out with friends more, the less I wrote. Eventually, it just fell to the wayside. Hrrrrmmm... ... ... perhaps, I could take this back up? Coudln't hurt! :)

I think you've got the right of it. Sit down every day and write a few pages at a time. In no time, you'll be cranking out chapter after chapter and wondering where all of time went! Remember, you can do anything you set your mind to!

Carla said...

Yeah, the local "dishwasher manufacturer", lol. I had thought about applying at Cooper, but I haven't heard alot of good about the hours and whatnot. I just hope I don't get laid off again anytime soon. At least till I can get unemployment for it.